Sex dating in godstone surrey
The village lay within the Anglo-Saxon administrative division of Tandridge hundred.
It is built along a stretch of the London to Brighton Way Roman road, which comes through the high Caterham Gap and continues southward along Tilburstow Hill Road.
It is claimed to have been the worst slum in Surrey, which is no longer the case, with each dwelling having been paid much care and attention.
The two parts of Godstone are linked by Bullbeggars Lane, a narrow road leading from the south of the village to the church, and the footpath running from the White Hart pub and its barn, along Bay Pond to Church Lane.
In the 18th Century, brick became the fashionable material for house building, and Church End and Church House, opposite the church, are two listed architectural examples. The churchyard contains a notable sarsen stone marking the grave of Walker Miles whose work in the early days of the "Ramblers' movement" contributed to the formation of the Ramblers of Great Britain.
A record of the name from 932 as Wuulicinsted proves this. She died in 1055 but the Domesday book of 1086 records the parish as being held by her husband, Count Eustace II of Boulogne.
Built in a Victorian Tudor/gothic style, they include eight self-contained houses, a wardens house and a beautiful little chapel, dedicated to St Mary.
The flèch-capped chapel and the gables compose a very pretty hamlet.
There is a pub opposite the railway station – originally named 'The Railway,' it has been renamed 'The Lagham' – serving Indian and Nepalese food.
The Fox & Hounds on Tilburstow Hill is also a short walk away.
Search for sex dating in godstone surrey:
It has previously been known as Lower and Upper Henterden and, in the 19th century, Polly Pains Bottom.